Monday, May 24, 2010

Meatless Monday

So first off I did not get to bake any goodies this weekend:( Had way too much fun hanging out with family Saturday that Sunday I decided to stay in my jammies all day and play with the kids and not do anything else. But everyone needs days like that right?

Today is Meatless Monday and I am determined to NOT make pasta! I swear if I add pasta my husband will eat it! So the next best thing, bread will be the star of our menu tonight. I still have to nail down the ideas, but we are having paninis tonight that much I know. I am thinking a little garlic mayo, portabello mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, cheese and basil. Yup I think I just nailed it down! Now time to get crafty and figure out a side. Thinking some kettle chips and fruit salad. I am hungry just thinking about it. I bought a fresh sourdough loaf for the sammies from Panera Bread and of course got a mini loaf to nosh while at work. Meatless Monday is starting to become my favorite day of the week, dinner wise. Did some lovely research on my break today to find some yummy casserole veggie dishes. Thinking about making one for next week or maybe we will go meatless twice this week! you never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment