Thursday, May 27, 2010

FAMILY!

Last night we had taco night at my grandma's house. We have been saying forever we need to have some kind of Sunday family dinner type thing. But we are all so busy and most of us out of town on the weekends its hard. Well we finally did it and it was so much fun! Tacos have always been a food that brings my family together, plus it's super quick and easy to make for a crowd. It is just so nice to hang out with the grandparents, parents, aunts, cousins, their kids. I have so many wonderful memories of growing up with tons of cousins around. I have always been a little sad knowing my children wouldn't have that since my husbands family lives in Texas and Wisconsin and we live in California. Sure I have my brother and sister here but they are so much younger then me that my kids will be much older by the time they start a family. But now my cousins have kids too and when we get together Aiden has a blast playing with all of them. It is so wonderful to hear him ask about his cousins and if they will be there whenever we go to my grandparents. I guess sometimes things work out even when you didn't think it was possible. Definitely going to have to make sure Taco Wednesday's at the Plaza's keeps going. Have a great holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment