Friday, June 25, 2010

Mommy and Me Coffeebreaks?

Okay so as a mom I am always looking for things to do in my city that embrace a woman with kids. You know the usual bookstore storytimes, movies in the park, moms morning out. But so many of those are at times that I work so I was thinking what about an afternoon coffee break? I run a Starbucks store and we have a ton of mom's who frequent our drive thru. Would they come back once a week in the afternoon to get a beverage if we offered a free kids hot cocoa or chocolate milk for the little one? What if we threw in story time or some kind of fun thing for the kids to do while the moms and dads chatted it up? I would totally bring my own kids to this and if we make it a weekly event we could maybe even make it a special thing for the parents. Like turn it into a parenting round-table or do special coffee tastings and food pairings. I am totally jazzed about this idea and want to start it ASAP. So all you parents out there is this feasible? Would you kick it at your neighborhood coffee shop if they had a program like this? Let me know! Thanks in advance

No comments:

Post a Comment