Monday, June 21, 2010

It's Meatless Monday

Okay so I have it all figured out. Tonight for Meatless Monday we will be having shrimp and vegetable tempura with steamed brown rice! Maybe some egg rolls we will have to see I may pick up some veggie potstickers if they have them instead. Just got this simple recipe from KitchenMonki.com. It is the coolest website ever for meal planning and recipe sharing and ideas. I am so in love I cannot believe I have managed this long without it. I am still a newbie but plan to use it tomorrow to meal plan for the week. I will let you know how it turns out.

Tempura batter:

Mix rice flour and club soda to get pancake batter consistency. Heat 3/4 c oil in pan to 400 degrees. Dip shrimp and veggies in batter and fry flip once when they turn  to a light golden brown. Drain excess oil on paper towels. Serve while hot. Try a tempura dipping sauce or make your own. I like mixing sweet rice vinegar and reduced sodium soy sauce.

Mmm my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

1 comment:

  1. Totally forgot to add my favorite veggies to dip and fry: sweet potatoes, onions, zucchini, broccoli the list goes on and on!

    ReplyDelete