Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Meatless Monday

So we have been participating in Meatless Monday for a few month now, and I think my husband is really getting used to it. I have definitely noticed a difference in how I feel. I even eat meat less all around. We weren't huge red meat eaters before but we at least are out of a pasta Monday phase. In fact now I am pretty sire we are in a shrimp phase. Fine with me and I know one 3 year old who doesn't mind either. I figure we can be more flexible once dada is really into this. Don't get me wrong, he eats without complaining and gladly picks whatever I need from the store without buying anything to sabotage the meal. But he grumbles every now and then. So tonight it's grilled shrimp, asparagus, and portabello mushrooms. We will grill up some crusty French bread. Pair it with a Cesar salad an watemelon. Very filling and light.

Grilled shrimp:

Marinate shrimp for at least 30 minutes in a mix of Italian dressing, lemon juice and creole seasoning. I like to toss in a couple of minced garlic cloves. I also marinate the mushrooms and asparagus in melted butter with minced garlic. Grill and serve! Enjoy Meatless Monday!!!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment