Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Chore chart I'll show you a chore chart!

So it's my To-Do day. But today is slightly different. For one I got most of my stuff done over the weekend, and honestly I only have one big thing to do today: chore chart. My husband and I were having our usual discussion regarding the division of labor at home. I really get pretty heated when discussing this topic. My husband and I have the same job with the same company. We both are store managers for Starbucks Coffee Company. So it's not like one of us has a harder job that requires more work or longer hours, we are equals in the workforce. I feel like I must also state, in Matt's defense, he used to do all the laudry before we had kids. I spoiled him because I became this woman who WANTED to take care of my man and our home. And I still do but it's a lot with 2 extra people in the house and a much bigger home to take care of.

So back to my point, the chore chart. Matt claimed he doesn't know what to do or when. Excuse me! Remember when we had a chore chart an you said it is ridiculous, that you were not a child or my employee!!!! Well guess what, I have a home planner already to go! That's right a binder with tabs and charts ready to go!!! Now I don't plan on being too crazy with this thing. I mean nobody wants to become a Kate Gosselin! But it will have my To Do Tuesday list and a To Do Thursday list for him. Since those are our weekdays off. It will also include my daily 7. the 7 things I do everyday no matter what. Then there will be the menu planning tab, the house list ( the things we need to do to for the home) and the boys tab. A list of things/ crafts to do with the boys or things to do for the boys. Now he will have no excuse! Ha can't wait to present him with The Smith Family Playbook!!! Love it. Be careful what you wish for baby!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment